This new waffle joint will certainly give your sweet taste buds a stir. I went there just to taste a few but ended up having more than I planned for. And guess what it was quiet less on the pocket pinch.
This place is located in Bangur right opposite Reliance Fresh. With its bring yellow interiors and a very attractive logo it is hard to miss.
- Peri Peri Mushroom and Cheese Waffle
- Double Chocolate Waffle
- Brownie Brush
- Blueberry Waffwich
- Mexican potato
- Java magic
- Mango shake
- Blueberry shake
If you have to taste to explore and try something new Pind Punjabi Dhaba is the place to be for some amazing and unique Parathas and Lassi. They have a very unique combination of paratha stuffings.
I went there with a few of my friends and we had:
- Hyderabadi Lassi – It is culminating of North and South Indian cuisine. The best ot both parts are combined in such a manner that it becomes soothing after having a heavy meal.
- Melon Lassi – very finely cut Melon so as to pour the Lassi in it.. giving it not only the taste but also the the feel of having Lassi right out of a Melon completing the over all experience.
- Sundae Lassi – it is a combination of lassi over which a good portion of ice cream is floating on and a berries making it another facinating offering of theirs. It feels like tuffy fruity sundae floating over Lassi.
- Palak Paneer Paratha – Spinach and Paneer is one of my favourites in vegetarian but stuffing them in the paratha just makes them heavenly.
- Italian Paratha – If a punjabi would have invented a Pizza it would have tasted something like this.
- Kashmiri Paratha – if you have kids along and all they want to have is something sweet definately go for this one. It was not something which i would like to have as it was too sweet for my taste buds. it consisted of fruit stuffings inside the paratha topped with jam.
- Kabuli Paratha
- Tofu Cheese Paratha
- Cheese Corn Chicken Paratha
- Aloo Matar Paratha
Orkos has been around the city for quite some time now and it has been known for all the good reasons. I visited the restaurant as well as the lounge bar which is situated in Salt Lake city center.
The Restaurant has a setting capacity of around 40 people and the lounge adjoned to it has a sitting capacity of around 15-20 people. The whole restuatant is in an oval structure so one is able to view every inch and corner of the restaurant when the person enters. in the middle there is a private kind of a space with ambient light filling up the space. behind while the is a long vertical sitting space.
What we had:
- Mocktail Pina Colada
- Mocktail Screwdriver
- 3D- Blue Lagoon topped with ice-cream- This one was the best one of the lot.
- Mocktail Cosmopolitan
- Humpty Dumpty
- Dragon Fonix Soup- A frothy soup based with the help of eggs over clear soup and is perfect to go along with the rest of the items we had. It was very light and smooth.
- Buddha Jumps Over the Wall- A spicy soup , with has an orange hue to it. It was perfect for my sore throat. I liked this soup more than the other one specially because it was spicy.
- Nam Jo Kai- Hot Chicken Satay in skewers with a peanut based sweet green paste over it giving it the perfect combination one can ask for.
- Tandoori Angaar- There is just one way to describe this dish – heavenly. This heavenly dish was served to us had 6 pieces of tandoori kebabs over a hot sizzler plate.
- Chicken Biriyani- Scrumptious whole some chicken with some amazing spices served in an hundi filled the ambience and gave me the nawabi vibe.
- Kadhai Chicken- This was amazing with butter naan. A must try out here.
- Sizzler- Quantity of the sizzle was more than enough for 3 of us to savoir.
- Orko’ss Special Veg Sizzler – My friend had it and he liked it.
- Jafrani Malai Kofta – Kofta was on a sweeter side but had come rich indian spices
- Butter Naan
- Fried Ice-cream- This unique dessert is not one of my favorites but it is defiantly something which I have not tried before.
Eagle Boys an Australian fast food chain specialising in Italian-American cuisine was founded in 1987. It first opened its India in Delhi in 2012 and 4 stores later its has opened in Kolkata. I have been longing to come to this place for quite sometime now.
Location: We went there today as we heard a lot about this place. It is located in a very accessible place it is on EM Bypass near Ruby more . If you are coming from Garia side you need to cross ruby more and it will fall on your left hand side. Its visible from the main road.
Feel & Ambiance- It has a spacious yet decent sitting capacity around 20 people. Speaking about this store it does not look like it belongs to a chain of restaurants it looks like a rather simply decorated hangout pad which focuses more into creating magic on a pizza pan.
We were around 11 foodies waiting to dig on the food and I was astonishingly amazed by the super fast service provided to us. It was super fast and we had to ask for a quick pause in between our order. Its usually tough to serve 11 foodie but Eagle Boys Pizza kolkata makes the job look easy.
We had had a ton of stuff at eagle boys pizza, while enjoying a sip of passion fruit mojito while the music bustled with chartbuster songs which were pleasant to hear yet not being too loud.
- Onion Green Chili garlic bread – It is their take on the usual garlic bread with the the kick of green chili and a Breveragemoderate use of onion underlining the layer below the hot melted cheese crust which is all resting over a crisp yet moist bed of bread. They serve 4 pieces in a serving. Every single bite of this simulates all your taste buds due to the uniqueness of this dish.
- Twisted Seekh Kebab Roll – This is another unique offering of Eagle Boys Pizza. Its a seekh kebab with a twist, literally that is the only way I can best explain this. A seekh kebab is covered with a toll of twisted dough and then baked till it is soft and crispy. They serve 4 piece of these mouth watering rolls in every serving.
- Chicken Mexicana – This pizza has mexican flavours to it with the abundance of cheese oozing and sticking out of the pizza. One bite of this gooey slice of pizza and i could understand that it has a lot of cheese. The pizza was amazingly soft. Its like the perfect cheese burst pizza one can taste. Except for the cheese and the dough Mexicana tastes like a usual pizza.
- Chicken Keema – Chicken Keema Pizza this is probably my favourite of the lot. Keema Pizza was just outstanding it has an indian touch to the pizza. Freshly prepared soft dough having the most unusual combination with keema with a generous portion of cheese. All the ingredients of this pizza compliments one another. The perfect combination for pizza. If you are coming here do not miss out to try Chicken Keema Pizza.
- Garlic Prawn – This pizza was delectable and just out of the world. I never had prawn pizza before probably the perfect pizza to start off my prawn pizza journey. The crust was a bit thin in comparison to the other pizzas. This was also not cheese burst pizza but the cheese was more than one can expect.
- Passion Fruit Mojito – Not only does this look phenomenal but also tastes very refreshing and it is able to break all the cheesiness of the pizza.
- Triple Chocolate Sweetza – Who said you can’t have pizza for dessert if you had pizza for your main course. We had this amazing dessert. A good portion of chocolate sauce over a pizza crust with white and dark chocolate chips thats what makes for the perfect dessert I want to have everytime I come here. I couldn’t resist this so we had to ask for more for everyone.
Pizza of this place is top notch. The boys at eagle boys are very open to suggestion and innovation.It has set a benchmark which is hard to break for its amazingness.Twisted Seekh Kebab Roll & Triple Chocolate Sweetza for these 2 I can bet you won’t be able to settle for one you will want to order one more. The hospitality is amazing the servers always serve with a smile. Chicken Keema Pizza is recommended this is now my personal favourite pizza. Will be visiting this place soon for this and try the other varieties of pizza.
Craving for some oriental cuisine, Asia House is the destination you need to head to. We went there for a grand food experience. We were around 22 people and I must say the small team of Asia House was able to cater to us with ease and a smile on their face.
- Spicy Lemon Burnt Garlic Soup
- Lemon Coriander Soup
- Asia House Special Dumplings
- Pan Tossed Chicken With Smoked Chillies And Peanuts
- Asian Barbequed Fish
- Chilli Garlic Noodles
- Khao Pad Kratiem
- Pla Pad Kraprow
- Hong Kong Sweet And Spicy Chicken
- Roasted Chilli Pork
- Darshaan with Ice cream
I had an amazing experience at this place and the service was remarkable. It was the perfect bijoya one could have.
We wanted to go for a place with good food and great music on a Friday Night. Turns out most of the places were either over crowded or they don’t normally serve good food. We thought of going to Afra Tafri with our expectations low but what was yet to come was beyond my imagination.
The had absolutely great music and great food. We had Chocolate Fondue and Cheese Chilly Meltz. The Chocolate Fondue is one of my favourites here. I can have it every single day it was so amazing.
Kolkata being the City of Joy is the Sweetest of all metro cities. It has sweetness engraved into all its occasions. The city has to serve the best sweet meat to its sweet loving citizens. Satis Chandra Das Sweet Shop or better know as Satish Moira is one such Sweet shop which has been there for quite a few decades now. It has been constantly making the best efforts to bring about change in its line of sweets.
One such commendable sweet is the GST- Great Sweet Taste. It has 3 layers primarily made out of channa. With the introduction of Goods & Service Tax, Satish Moira introduced GST sweets. The sweets were selling like hot cakes in MISHTI FESTIVAL at City Center 2.
Other than GST we tried Chocolate Misti & Sweet Shots.
I am glad to have found this a hidden gem. It serves amazing oriental cuisines. It is truly a delight to all chinese cuisine lovers. It is a small little place situated near Gariahat Triangular Park. Has 2 sections, the first floor mainly comprising of the kitchen area and the second floor has a dine in area with tables. The table we sat on we were able to overlook upon the street. The place is pretty well lit up and has a few quote-based posters.
We had Coriander Soup, Prik Kai Sot Sai Thod Chicken, Diced Chicken, Kai Gra Tiem, Pia Pad Pak, Khao Pad Kratiem, Chicken Chilli Garlic Noodles, Roasted Chili Pork, Mixed Wok Tossed Hakka Noodles and Ice Cream Sandwich. Food is amazing in this place. This place is a must visit during pujas if you are around Gariahat area.
Kurry Klub had a very special place in my heart for its delicious cheese fondue. It was very upsetting to a large number over people who had some amazing moments there. But we were happily surprised to know that the reins of the restaurant was handed over to the grand daughter.She did a commendable work at revamping the place. Giving everything a modernised approach.We were invited for a special luncheon at Rozario’s.
The place is situated in Sarat Bose road opposite Dosa Twist. The place has the ascents of a very well decorated. A lot of attention to detail has been put in designing the interior of the place. Monochrome walls with a subtleness of yellow complementing the mix of colours. As the place serves food from around the world you will find a huge map overhead once you enter.
- Balinese Chicken Satay- this is minced lemongrass and chicken wrapped over long bundled steaks of lemongrass. The fusion of the flavours was much to my liking.
- Paneer wrapped in noodle Satay – Paneer wrapped with spicy noodles filling your palate with all the flavours one can ask for. It was served with dal makhni but I found it better off as an individual satay.
- Veg seekh kebab – It was made out of chickpea and was accompanied with sweet chilli mayo which was the perfect dip to compliment the dish. The dish was not on the menu and we just did an early food tasting before it bakes it to the menu. Veg sheekh kebab was a bit dry for my mouth.
- Pescado en Cilantro with Basil – A mexican dish served with fish and prawn prepared in tangy sauce served with basil rice. Tinch of basil to rice gave a very refreshing essence and is the perfect way to compliment associated sea food.
- Salsa Salsiccia – Spaghetti pasta served with homemade pork sausage giving it the refined taste. Pork sausage were given in good portions.
- Ice Cream Tacos – Ice Cream squeezed in between taco shaped wafer. It was a unique offering at Rozario’s. Certainly as sweet end to my meal.
We had a nice experience. The food was amazing. Would love to come here again for Balinese Chicken Satay, Salsa Salsiccia and Ice Cream Tacos.